: mIRGGI is the first IRC client for S60 3rd Edition devices.
Symbian S60 3rd Edition
Nokia 3250, Nokia 5500, Nokia E50, Nokia E60, Nokia E61, Nokia E70, Nokia N71, Nokia N73, Nokia N80, Nokia N91, Nokia N92, Nokia N93, Nokia N95
• Found under
mIRGGI is the first IRC client for S60 3rd Edition devices. It is currently in early stages because I just began writing it on 10th of March. I've been meaning to do this for a long time but haven't gotten to it. I don't like the J2ME IRC clients (one big reason is that they suck up a lot of memory on S60) and I don't like using PuTTY, especially on devices without keyboard. Also their fonts are quite ugly (I like small vector fonts, as is obvious from this release :)
This is a hobby project and mainly targeted at my needs but I will try to find some relaxing time to enhance it. And especially the things that bother me personally will get fixed fast. There are most certainly some bugs but I have successfully used it for several hours at a time via GPRS without problems.
There will be also a version for 2nd Edition devices later on. mIRGGI has also been seen for a selected few as a terminal IRC client for Linux and Windows. Those versions haven't been updated for a loooong time and were never really released. I might do a version for Windows Mobile someday, too.
mIRGGI contains the following functionality:
* connecting to one server
* joining channels
* query windows for private chatting
* 10k per channel/query backlog
* jumping to desired window with numpad
* ident daemon
* UTF-8 decoding
* T9 can be used
* usually needed commands implemented
* the font is small and nice (at least on tested devices)
* the memory requirements should be very small
* settings for autojoin and autoquery on connection
* will not be bloated with unneeded themes, skins, scripts, now playing -crap etc