Several Symbian applications (especially Nokias) install resource and help files for quite many languages even though you never going to use them. This script lets you select the languages that you want to keep and deletes the resource and help files of all the other languages. The deleted files have the extensions .r[dd] and.h[dd] where dd is the language code and they are deleted from C:\Resource and/or E:\Resource and their sub-directories.
As a result a lot of free space (several MB depending on your apps) can be freed from the disk drives. The script can take a backup of the removed files, on memory card (E:\ResourceBackup). You can also restore the files from the backup. Or you can transfer them in your pc and free space from the memory card.
- Download rescleanup.py and copy it to c:\python (or e:\python).
- Disable capabilities on the phone (please dont ask me how, there are many sources for that).
- Open Python shell and from menu select "Run script" and select the script.
- Follow the menu to perform cleanup/restore.
- Enable capabilities on the phone, as some apps require it to function properly (like ngage).